Sharing my thoughts in the universe..enjoy!!!!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Music Note : Ciara


After multiple delays Ciara's Basic Instinct came out late last year and I had been slow on listening to it but I finally gave it a real chance yesterday. There is a running theme throughout most of the tracks do not try to holler at CiCi if you don't have any money. The majority of cd is produced by Tricky and The Dream which I thought would be a bad thing but I actually enjoyed the cd immensely.

Basic Instinct (You Got Me) ~ I love this track but I wish she would have said the curse words, the beeps take away for the track. I wonder if she was firing shots at someone during her rap? "You got me up off my twitter." LOL

Ride featuring Luda ~ I have always enjoyed the balance of Luda and CiCi on the same track, going all the way back to 'Oh' so I knew I would like this song. In a perfect world I wish they would drop a best of both worlds type cd. The video was banned but BET which was a blessing in a way it bought more attention to the video and song. Like they say in the business bad promotion can be considered a good thing.

Gimme Dat ~ Eh. It is the only track I skip it does nothing from me at all, it sounds like a leftover from her 'Goodies' cd

Heavy Rotation ~ Ciara's  smooth vocals are telling a story about a guy she doesn't want other people to know she is feeling him, and even though he has company at his house she wants him to "turn your bed into a dance floor and to lock the door and turn the music up loud" she wants Heavy Rotation "all night long" I can dig it.

Girls Get Yo Money ~ I wonder if Phareda from ATL housewives heard this song? It is one of her don't holler at me, if you ain't got no money song. In the song she says "They always wanna holler but they ain't got no dollars" Ciara is encouraging women to get their money, the song a new Scrubs for this generation.

Yeah I Know ~ This track is hilarious to me Cici says "You wanna take me home but you ain't got no home, You ain't got a job, all you do is get high. You got a  brand new car but you ain't got no gas". LOL how is paying that car note with no job CiCi? She does realize that there are better men out there for her. I love the track

Speechless ~ This song leaked a long time ago but I love the story. CiCi is basically singing about having more time with her boo. She needs an extra day, month and holiday to kiss her boo all over his face. Awww I love it "Your love is my muse"

You Can Get It ~ Ciara took the saying and did a whole song about it. I know several male celebs probably wish this song is for them. Keeping her potential boo on a low key basis "Once you get it what you going to do with it?"

Turn It up feat Usher ~ I want a video for this!!!! I wish Usher had more of his vocals to himself. She is singing about hearing her favorite song in the club and being losted in it.  Ciara let's us hear another rap to, but I still feel the song.

Wants For Dinner ~ You can holler at her boo all day but he always comes home to her. Period. "You can entertain him all day long but I know what he wants for dinner"..... "Huff and puff, try all your stuff but my love is built out of bricks and your love is built out of sticks."I see ya CiCi nursey rhyming it up. I am digging the island feel on this too.

I Run It ~ A song for the bedroom. I love a sexy track......Ciara runs the bedroom and the house she makes it known on this song.

Rating 4 out of 5 stars.

The Dream and Tricky equals magic with Ciara. I wish more people would give Ciara a chance with this cd she has a few hidden gems on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment