Sharing my thoughts in the universe..enjoy!!!!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

H.A.M. burger LOL

When Jay and Kanye announced that their six songs EP, Watch The Throne will become a full fledged CD I was over the moon with excitement, that I would get ten plus song CD from two of my favorite rappers. On paper it sounds perfect besides Jay and Ye have done collaborations before and they each have been great. Starting with Ye's uncredited rap on Blueprint 2 The Gift and The Curse to Haters on Blueprint 3.

And with the announcement on New Year's Eve that Watch The Throne will drop the next week the internet was set on fire with anticipation of the CD dropping, but it was cleared up quickly that a single will drop on 1-11-11 and the cd was coming in March. Mr. West tweeted the art work for the single of the tracked titled H.A.M. and my 1st thought was Hot Ass Mess but it actually stood for Hard As A Mutha. So right after midnight Ye dropped the track and it was just ok, the beat was to spooky to me  and I think Ye borrowed a Weezy line that is from a recent song, Ye gotta let a line breathe at least a year first, Ye. Jay sounds young and fresh, and he had a good line "you niggas don't have my lady's money" but other than it was just ok.

In my book they are 0-2 because That's My Bitch was blah too. Are we setting the bar too high? I think not they are suppose to be the best in the rap game. Ye's MDTBF has gotten the best cd reviews of last year in numerous magazines and blogs and was number one on many of the same people's list too. Jay is considered to be the best rapper alive in many circles, sorry Weezy but it is true, and so far they are failing me hard. Maybe it is what's Bitchie tweeted "Jay and Ye may be at the point in their careers that people will think everything they put out is hot .... even if it's....."  I hope the cd sounds better because I am still playing my 10.81 for it the day it hits stores.

1 comment: