Sharing my thoughts in the universe..enjoy!!!!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Image over Talent?

Yesterday on my Twitter page I asked the question, why can't raw talent be enough? Why do artist have to add gimmicks to their "brand" to be famous? Case in point Lady Gaga I think she is talented but antics are a major turn off for me, the egg at the Grammys, the condom outfit and just being naked all the damn time like she fine or some shit, but I digress.

I was so pleased to hear about Adele having the number album on Billboard this week selling over 350k *claps for her* but then today Kim Kardashian dropped her single I guess The Dream is on it but I refuse to listen to it because it is just a scheme to bring in more dollars, and I am so disappointed that Kanye West is involved in this mess. He thrives himself on being an artist and being true to his craft but he supports this BS. I shouldn't be surprised hell Rihanna has like a million number one singles and her live performances are horrible.

Just like at the Grammys when Esperanza Spalding beat Justin Bieber and Drake for Best New Artist, I even said on my Twitter "Who?" but come to find she is a very good artist who has played for President Obama and Prince. She is a very accomplished young woman and maybe just this once The Grammys got it right. People assumed because Bieber is more popular that he should win but nope that wasn't the case.

There are tons of talented singers in the industry that will not get the attention that Kim will over her single and I can name artist after artist that is a million times better, but image runs the industry over talent any day and there seems to be no change in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment