Sharing my thoughts in the universe..enjoy!!!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top Songs of the year

Songs affect me in a real way, these are the most played tracks on my iTunes 

1. Someone Like You ~ Adele - I loooooove sad songs and I adore this one, I just wish Adele would have let me shot her video for this song. (favorite lyrics) "Sometimes it last in love, but sometimes it hurts instead"

2. We All Try  ~ Frank Ocean -  *sighs* just love this. (favorite lyrics) "I don't believe that marriage isn't between a man and woman but between love and love." swooooooon 

3. Love On Top ~ Beyonce-  before Queen Bey announced that a baby Carter was on the way this was my favorite song on '4' (favorite lyrics) "Baby it's you, you're the one I love, you're the one I need!!!) and the ending *rubs belly* :) 

4. Rise & Shine ~ J. Cole - opening with the Jay-Z quote is everything!!!! The beat, the horns just super, Cole (favorite lyrics) "I spit it, how I live it so when you see me in the street, man,  I ain't gotta mimic. Cause I gotta image to uphold this real shit, I ain't got a gimmick I just got a flow that niggas went nuts for" 

5. Gotta Have It ~ Jay & Ye - people go crazy for NIP but this right here is my shit!!!!! The Neptunes laced that James Brown sample and made this 2 minute and 20 second song everything. (favorite lyrics) "Wassup, Wassup, Wassup motherfucker, where my money at?" - Jay-z. *jigs* 

6. Blow ~ Ke$ha -"dance" I lost my mind and almost wrecked my Focus when I heard this shit. I'm not a huge Ke$ha fan but this gets me extra hype every time I played it. ( favorite lyrics) "we get what we want, we do what you won't"

7 American Wedding ~ Frank Ocean ~ I can write an essay about how much I love this song, seriously. (favorite lyrics) "you can have my Mystang, that's all I got in my name, but Jesus Christ don't break my heart this wedding ring won't never wipe off. But if you stay, you'll probably leave later anyway, this is love made in the U.S.A"

8 The Zone ~ The Weeknd feat Drake - *fans self* I think The Weeknd makes drug music for people high on ecstasy and have orgies but this song is whew. (favorite lyric) "I can't see a damn thing, I can't feel a damn thing" how high are you that  you can't feel shit during sex?~~~~~ Drake - "walk your broken heart through that door, sit your sexy ass on that couch" swoooon

9. Take It All ~ Adele ~ I call this the breaking point song where you are just fed up and trying to figure whether to stay or go. (favorite lyrics) "Maybe I should leave to help you see,....." the entire 2nd verse. 

10. That Way Wale feat Jeremih & Rozay *swaying back & forward* this song came outta nowhere to become one of my favorites because I'm not a Wale or Ross fan  but I can't ignore a great song when I hear it. Jeremih makes the hook butter and the sample is everything!!!! 

1 comment: